we are hiring.
Over the past two years our business has grown quickly, and we are looking to add another valued team member to the mix.
about the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a close-knit, passionate and creative workplace.
Dreamhunter is a Perth based Small Business focussed Creative Agency. You will be based in our studio space in Midland, as well as having the option to work from client locations and home.
Supporting the business owners Renae and Joshua Porter, you’ll be assisting with creating and driving marketing campaigns for a range of products and services. You will also be working towards your own client portfolio. You'll be expected to be involved at all levels, including drafting press releases, creating campaigns, managing multiple social media accounts, updating clients and organising events.
This job is full of variety and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks.
This position would suit a student in their final year of studies, or someone looking to move and build into the digital marketing space.
The role is casual (10 - 25 hours per week) for the first 3 - 6 months, then the option to increase hours may become available.
a marketing assistant's regular to do list includes:
- Support Creative Directors in organizing various projects
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Communicate with clients and encourage trusting relationships
- Social Media Marketing (Main platforms - Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter)
- Social Media Management for multiple clients
- Managing the company's email marketing strategy
- Managing client email marketing strategies
- Assisting with creating marketing campaigns and generating ideas for client projects
- Maintaining and updating the company's website (training provided)
- Maintaining and updating client websites in line with marketing strategies
- Blog writing and content creation
- Photography and editing of products and uploading to online media.
- Video creating and editing
- Exceptional creativity, originality and a strong visual sense
- Good understanding of office environments
- Good understanding of marketing principles
- Experience in emails and inbox management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adherence to deadlines
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Exceptional understanding of social media platforms (facebook/instagram/snapchat)
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive/Docs
- High level communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent spelling, grammar and proof reading skills.
- A passion for all things digital
- A GREAT sense of humour
- Previous experience in working in, or with small - medium businesses in necessary (1 - 2 years minimum)
- Must have own transport
- 2 years experience in administration/marketing/public relations field
- High School diploma; Studies in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or relevant field is a strong advantage
- Knowledge in Adobe design programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is very desirable
- Ability to use wordpress, squarespace, shopify or mailchimp/active campaigns, click funnels and creating EDM mailouts
- Experience in creating sponsored posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Google Adwords Experience
- Previous experience using ASANA would be an advantage
Training and support will be provided in all areas as required.
so, what next?
You need to record a video application (or resume if you like). We want to know a little about you, your interests and talents as well as your work history and future goals.
Please BE CREATIVE with you application. This is a chance to really show us who you are and what you can bring to our table.
If you like, write down some questions to yourself and answer them in video format, or ask a friend or family member to help you out!
It is totally up to you which format you use to record your video. We will be 100% happy with mobile phone recording, cameras etc - as long as we can hear you!
A couple of things we REALLY want to know.
- What are you passionate about? (hobby or work)
- What does marketing and public relations mean to you?
- Why are you passionate about small business?
- Show or tell us several ways you have been creative that would be relevant to a marketing position.
Video must be between 5 - 10 minutes
Video must show your face and include your voice (throughout the video)
Please be conscious of copyright infringements when choosing music and sounds
In order to submit your application, please use the following:
GOOGLE DRIVE link emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
DROPBOX link emailed to email@example.com
USB - mailed into PO Box 5093, Midland WA 6056
HAND DELIVERED - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time with Remmy to drop off your submission.
submissions must be in by 5pm Wednesday 16th August 2017
*only applicants progressing to the next stage will be notified.
We can't wait to meet you!
PS: here are a couple of fun examples to give you some inspiration.
We welcome all kinds of creativity!